Early Abilities Preschool Speech and Language Program
The Early Abilities Preschool Speech and Language Program provides help for children with speech and language concerns at no cost. Services are available to children from birth to when they start kindergarten. The main goal is to work with parents and caregivers to improve children's communication skills and to help every child be the best communicator they can be; and, promote optimal development of speech, language and communication skills to improve self-esteem, confidence and readiness for school and decrease frustration and reduce behaviour problems. This program is offered through the City of Toronto Public Health. For more details on how to refer, please check out their website at: http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=2b62b2f59527a410...
The program includes:
- Assessment of communication skills from birth to kindergarten entry
- Consultation with parents, caregivers
- Monitoring emerging skills
- Speech and language small group therapy with children and parents
- Individual speech and language therapy with child and parents
- Supported transition to school
- Referral to a wide range of child and family services in the community
A Regent Park location is held on Monday and Tuesdays at Parents For Better Beginnings, 38 Regent Street Upper Level Toronto ON CA M5A 3N7
8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Areas We Serve
- Live in the City of Toronto with postal codes starting with the "M" only (example: M3B XXX)
- Families of children from birth to JK entry
- All families who are concerned about their child's speech and/or language development.
Questions or to arrange an appointment with centralized intake, please call City of Toronto Pubic Health Department. They can be reached Monday to Friday | 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. | 416-338-8255 (voice) 416-338-0025 (TTY) | 416-338-8511 (fax)