Diabetes Education Program
he Regent Park CHC Diabetes Education Program offers a variety of services for people living with Diabetes.
- We are a team of certified diabetes educators, registered nurses and dieticians, who provide diabetes education to help prevent or manage diabetes, to adults living with Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes or at high risk of developing diabetes in the Regent Park area and surrounding neighborhoods.
- There is no charge for using ANY of our services. They are all absolutely FREE!
- Our program includes running groups in various languages including Tamil, Somali, Vietnamese, Bengali, etc.
- The groups run for weeks or months depending on the needs of the community. The groups focus on various diabetes topics, i.e. what is diabetes, foot care, etc. We also offer special focus educational groups such as the monthly insulin start group.
- We plan to offer weekly exercise groups. For location check our event calendar.
- We also run workshops that are designed to help people learn how to cook and prepare healthy meals, as well as grocery store tours designed to help people shop for healthy ingredients on a budget.
- Unfortunately, we cannot work with people living with Type 1 diabetes or who have gestational diabetes, although we can see these clients for nutritional counseling and help them access other resources in the community.
- We see clients who require insulin initiation and titration and work together with their health care providers to help achieve target blood glucose levels.
- We do outreach in our local community and run classes, groups, and presentations anywhere in our catchment area and where we are welcomed.
- We partner with local agencies in the community to see clients at various sites such as Progress Place and Bridgepoint Health Centre and provide in house diabetes education.
- We provide interpreters to attend groups and individual appointments to anyone who requires translating FREE of charge.
- Our goal is to establish meaningful and sustainable ways to work with our diverse client population.
- Call us today to book your appointment. No referral needed!
The Diabetes Education Program is located at:
468 Queen St East, Suite 203
Monday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Areas We Serve